Thursday, August 4, 2011

Masada

Masada is a TV mini-series that aired in 1981.  It was four episodes long and one very hard slog for me.  It pretty much ignores history and turn the Jews into Americans so you know who you are supposed to root for.  There is one particularly narm-y part where the Romans start catapulting Jewish prisoners at the fort.  The best part of the whole movie for me was when my boyfriend came down the stairs, watched a few seconds of the Masadians playing in the water and said, "Nothing enrages Jews like the sound of other Jews having fun."  I thought about placing this movie further down the list since it occurs in the 2nd century C.E., but then I decided I wanted to get all of ancient Israel out of the way at once.  Soon I will be leaving the Jews behind and moving on to Classical Greece.

No comments:

Post a Comment